Mailchimp Checklist: Branding
First – great job on taking the first step towards improving your email marketing. It's essential that your emails reflect the unique voice and personality of your brand. By doing so, you're not only building a strong brand identity but also attracting subscribers who share your passion for your products or services.
So, don't hold back! Use your brand's distinctive voice and tone to make your emails stand out from the crowd. This checklist will help you navigate Mailchimp and to include your company logo, colors, name, and other visual elements that reinforce your brand's identity and make it more memorable.
Keep up the excellent work, and your email marketing efforts will undoubtedly pay off in the long run.
Let's get started.
A Checklist for branding a Mailchimp Standard Account
- Log in to your Mailchimp account.
- Navigate to "Content" > "My Files" on the left-hand navigation bar
- Upload your brand logo under the category "My Logos"
- Upload your additional logo file types and brand assets in "My Files"
Branding the Account
- Select the account icon on the bottom left > "Profile"
- Upload logo and add additional business information
- Navigate to the top of the screen for "Settings" > "Contact Information"
- Update contact information to user facing email (example: email@example.com).
Branding the Email Templates
- Go to Campaigns > Email Templates > "Create Template"
- Start with "Minimal" Mailchimp Template and name "'My Brand Name' Template"
- Navigate to "Styles" on the left-hand side
- Design the global "Styles" to brand standards
Aligning your email design with your brand is crucial for email marketing. The ultimate goal is to become so cohesive and recognizable, that sets you apart from your competitors.
In other words, even if your name and logo were removed from the email, it should still be recognizable as yours.
This means designing your emails to consistently reflect your brand's unique personality and voice, which not only creates a visually appealing email but also strengthens your brand identity and makes it more memorable for your subscribers.